Monday, November 06, 2006

its Monday!

HI again. We missed the First Friday gathering this weekend again because I was working . I am a bit bummer out as I am not sure when we will be able to go. I hope all of you are doing well.

The good news is that there have been many referrals given to families this past week. How excited do you think they are? That means that many children from China have been matched with their forever families. The families received pictures and info about their little ones..I will try to link some websites when I can. I just want to make sure I am allowed to.

WE are finalizing another home visit with the Social worker. This will be the visit where we will be doing seperate interviews and she will be walking around the home and giving suggestions. I am pretty excited as this means we are working on completing a new step...Stay tuned for more information regarding China, which I will be posting later today!!!!

3 comments:

Mommy Spice said...

I was a nervous wreck the first time our social worker came to our house. I don't know why, and I wasn't expecting it. I was stuttering and over "wordy" on answering questions. I'm not usually that way, but I guess I had waited so long to be at that point, and I realized she could make or break us. She was very nice, but I was a freak. This time around has been very casual with our social worker (different person). She is great and makes me feel at ease. It helps that we've already gone through the process though.

Debby said...

I think that visit was the worst part for us. I was so afraid we would answer questions differently or we would sound like idiots. The tour of the house was horrible too. We have cleaning people and I still spent the entire day before cleaning. Don't be too scared. The good news is that the social workers are used to it. They understand that you will probably make some mistakes and that not everyone is perfect. They have seen it all. They would know if something was not quite right. I'm sure your love and excitment will shine through anything that happens to go wrong. It's just another step on the way to your sweet little girl.

Unknown said...

You guys are such great encouragement!!!