Sunday, December 31, 2006

Home Study done

Well, our social worker emailed our completed home study to us today and it was long..I didnt know there was that much to know about us. There were actually things about Michael I learned through it. You see, Michael and I had individual interviews with the social worker. I will probably read it again later but will take my tim.

This week, I was given another patient from CHina. He was not even 2 and had only been in the country 2 weeks..This lady had used CCAI, our agency and raved about them. That was awesome. She made us realize something. When he came to the floor, she realized that the crib looked a lot like the crib he had in the orphanage so we quickly moved him to a bed..It was a great learning experience!

2 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

Congrats on getting the home study done. That is a lot of work!

Mommy Spice said...

Yay on the homestudy!!

You will know to be extra sensitive when you have your daughter. There are things this year that triggered a behavior episode with my daughter. She had a girl in her preschool who cried all day for two days. This was a friend who we played with outside of school. After the crying, my daughter wouldn't even stand near her and wanted nothing to do with her. I realized the crying probably took her back to the orphanage. It took a long time for her to be friendly with this child again.