Friday, February 09, 2007

Fingerprinting!

Its time to paperchase. Michael and I are getting fingerprinted Wednesday at 8am and the we wait on the I 171. You will hear about this form a lot, as its the last big thing you need before sending your dossier to China. Michael and I will have to go over all paperwork on Sunday and begin getting things notarized and then going to the county, and then the state secretary and then Washington DC and the the Houston Consulate. Dont worry, we dont have to go to these places but please pray that Fed Ex doesnt lose the important papers!!!!

We will let you know how things go on Wednesday!

6 comments:

Crissybug said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. It is nice to know that someone reads it from time to time. :) I wish you the best with your adoption. One of my friends has adopted 2 children...it is quite the journey! I hope everything goes smoothly, and can't wait to see what happens!

BTW - yes ladybugs are great! and I am biased, but I think my kids ARE "cute as bug." I glad that you think so too!

4D said...

Good luck! It sounds so formal and official the trip the paperwork makes.

Keep smilin!

Briana's Mom said...

Doug and I just got our renewed I-171H yesterday! In Georgia, the form is called a I-797, but it is the same exact thing. When I got my I-797 the first time, I had no idea what it was! I couldn't get excited because I didn't know I had the correct form. Once I found out it was the same thing, I did the happy dance!

Anonymous said...

What a neat Valentine's Day present for the two of you. Good luck and we will see you the first Friday in March.

Sending up prayers for a quick turnaround of the fingerprints!

Ann said...

The China process is different then the Taiwan process, but I so relate to the paperchasing. It was such a stressful time. Good luck fingerprinting. It's such a good feeling when you get that piece of paper in your hands saying that you are approved to bring an orphan into the US.

Marisa said...

Thanks for visiting my blog on Thursdays and leaving feedback! The adoption process sounds very exciting. A couple from our church small group is adopting a little boy from Kazakstan in the next month or two, and their home study was completed the end of October. I hope your adoption goes as smoothly!