Tuesday, August 14, 2007

more thoughts

Greeting friends! There are a lot of rumors going around and like I said before, I wont be posting those. But after reading some, we have to stick together and encourage one another!


There are a lot of comments from fellow adopting parents that rub me the wrong way but I just let them blow away because I tend to take things the wrong way and get very sensitive about things. But this blog is not about me, to read about me, go here! I have enjoyed talking about our decision to adopt to friends and strangers and especially parents of patients at work. I get asked "DO you have children?" ALL OF THE TIME !! But my answer always brings a smile and starts a great conversation between me and my families. To this I am grateful!!

LynnMarie will be loved. People ask how old she will be and if I will teach her English (that one makes me laugh)! I have to explain that she may be between 6 and 12 months old. People at work ask me if I have bought things and I answer occassionally but honestly, it is fun! An outift here and there doesnt hurt anyone, does it?

A friend asked me why we chose China and not another country whose wait was shorter. The answer is simple. God called us to China. This was the first time in my life that God's voice was so very loud and clear in making a decision. Perhaps it was the first time that I was quiet and listened! Adoption has been a great gift already to us. Also, when we decided to adopt from China, other countries were still new and all the time frames were about the same!

Perhaps I can get future dad Michael to post soon!!

Also, Steven (college friend) asked me to visit this site. They have adopted internationally and he is a praise and worship leader. Excellent site!

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Amy, I really love your blog and appreciate your positive attitude and prayers for so many things.

Bless You!
Michelle

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I love your blog too, Amy. Keep it up, it's always such an encouragement to me!

Donna said...

Yes, keep blogging and being a positive light for adoption. Yes, the wait may be long, but the rewards last a lifetime!

Shelly and Family said...

Oh Amy...{{{{{HUGS}}}}}! You are doing a wonderful job of staying positive...for all of us! I love your positive attitude...and your posts always make me smile!

(I just hope I am not one of those adoptive parents you mention in your post.)

Abby's Mom said...

I agree! Your blog is so uplifting. Thank you :)

Mommy Spice said...

I always enjoy stopping by. You have a great attitude, and you understand the call of God to adopt your daughter. He knows who she is, and it doesn't matter how long we have to wait.

Tracy said...

Yes, I too appreciate your positive attitude! You seem like such a loving person--you will be a great mom! :)

I always have to laugh at the comments/questions regarding language. People don't realize how silly they sound when they ask me whether Hannah still speaks Chinese!!

Email Marketing Yenta said...

Hi sweet Amy. I am with you. Let's help make a big shift for all us by staying positive. This the best thing that I have ever done. The wait males me realize how blessed I will really be when my daughter in China is put into my arms. Thank you always for your positive energy! Love, Wendi

Margaret M said...

Amy,
I love when I find a spare moment to check your blog. Tonight I read RQ and got a little down and then flipped to your blog...all better now. Have a great day!
Margaret

Lisa said...

Keep up the positive attitude! Its been 10 months since LID for us and I still tend to be positive...we need to stick together!