Friday, December 28, 2007

2007 almost over

Wow! 2007 is coming to a close which brings a new year! What will 2008 bring for the Christopher family? I am excited to find out!



One of the things that was talked about at our Christmas Eve service was change. Craig asked the question "How have you changed this year?", and "How are you going to change next year"? Both excellent questions.

I know that the Christopher family has really changed in our 6 years of marriage and it will continue to change. To grow, I think there must be change. I hate change. I fear change but then again most of the time, I really appreciate change. the biggest change will occur when a) we see that sweet face on referral day and 2)when LynnMarie is placed in our arms. That is once change i am looking forward to.

But we have to wait for that day. What are you doing during the wait? During our First Friday gatherings, Susan and Dan have continued to encourage us to find things to do during our wait. Michael and I have several things to work on.
During our wait we will
1) work on losing weight and becoming healthier
2) building a stronger marriage
3) getting out of debt
4)learn about our daughters culture
5)continue to be encouraged by following others journey

Things that I (Amy) would like to do are
1) Learn more about Love Without Boundaries
2)become a better friend and wife

I can't even begin to share with you how my heart and soul have been transformed this year. Its totally amazing and really is indescribable. The friends we have made during this process have helped me change and grow emotionally and spiritually and for that, I am so thankful to all of you. You have made this process fun! Adoption is fun! Okay so the paperchasing could have been a bit more exciting, but its been awesome. Adoption rocks and we aren't getting a referral for quite a while.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

We too continually work out becoming the person that God intends for usto be. Each day He can teach us something.

Blessings to you in 2008!

Briana's Mom said...

Hoping that 2008 brings you much happiness!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Amy, what a great post! May God bless you richly in 2008, my friend! ANd you are SO right....ADOPTION ROCKS!

Donna said...

Sounds like a great list of "to-dos". I think I will need to come up with my own as well. So glad adoption brought your friendship my way.

Carol said...

Work on weight, work on debt.....wow do we have lots in common............

Kim said...

Love the list....
2008 is going to be GREAT...
Hugs to you
Have a Great Weekend..

Margaret M said...

I hope you have a wonderful 2008!!!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Have a wonderful 2008 - stay happy and safe and speedy referrals for everyone... take care...

Angie said...

Great post! I hope your 2008 brings you much love, laughter and happiness!

Donna said...

I'm totally with you on adoption rocks! Although it's been a long wait so far, I wouldn't trade the past two years for anything. The friendships we have made during this time mean SO much to me and I couldn't imagine having it any other way!

I'm so looking forward to this coming year and seeing what is ahead for us. Hopefully, 2008 will be the year I see my daughter for the first time.

onna :)

Sonny said...

I wish you all a very happy new year!!!

May everything will be alright for you!!

Hugs and kisses,
Sonny
aka
Sweet like Kitty