Monday, April 30, 2007

Childrens books and rumors!

Apparently several agencies are reporting that referrals will be sent. its hard not to read the rumors but when actual agencies are reporting these things, its hard not believe.

It looks like a few more days were matched this month which is great! I am so not going to report what I read just in case I disappoint someone.

My next obsession: children's books. I can not believe how many there are! My first thought is getting as many Chinese related books as possible. I don't want to do that. I want a variety. Of course I want books that our daughter can relate to and I think thats important; but she is also going to be a young little girl and will probably love all books the same! Cant wait to get the classics!

What are you favorite books? Our first gift was Love you like CrazyCakes and its just precious!!!


Come on referrals!!!!!

14 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

I'm with you! Come on referrals!

C's Mom said...

Great book...and readly for some referral goodness too!

Anonymous said...

Don't get me started on books!! I could give you a list a mile long of wonderful children's books. I am giving some of Rachel's away so I can buy more for Jenni!
April

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

looks like good referral news!
I love the "I love you like crazy cakes" it was the first book I bought too.

Gabriella said...

Thanks for stopping by my site. I can't wait to read more on your site in regards to your upcoming adoption.
As for kids books, I have so many favourites! Lots of rhymes and big pictures are one of my daughter's favs as well as books with real life animal pictures.

4D said...

Our collection is big..I am a huge reader. I found a lot on Amazon. Type in China/Adoption in whatever order and add to your wish list.

Keep smilin!

Ava's family said...

Hi Amy!
Thanks for stopping by my site. Feel free to use my quilt blog...Good luck getting them outta family/friends (I sent info a year ago and 1/2 family members STILL haven't sent one & I already have 100).

redmaryjanes said...

We have Love You Like Crazy Cakes. Our 2 year old loves books with fabrics and textures in them that he can touch. He also likes books that have flaps that open. Goodnight Moon is beautiful. We also laugh a lot of Dr. Seuss's The Foot Book.

Anonymous said...

"ABC I Love You" by P.K. Hallinan. I have it memorized and "read" it to Natalie all the time...she loves it! Another favorite: "I Know a Rhino" by Charles Fuge.

Mommy Spice said...

OK, let me tell you one of my favorites. It's called A Mother For Choco. It's about a little bird who doesn't have a mother. He finds animals that look a little like him and askes if they are his mother. Then a momma bear finds him crying and asks if she could be his mother even though she doesn't look like him. She takes him home to her other children (hippo, alligator...) It's so sweet, and Spicy Girl loves it.

Roy and Lori said...

Hopefully, those referrals will
be coming soon! Congrats to the families that are close!

Have a great night guys!

Unknown said...

I am children's book junkie. I taught elementary school for years, and I spent half my paycheck on books!

Anonymous said...

I love all of Kevin Henkes' books. Jan Brett has great stories and beautiful illustrations.

I'm so happy for you!!!!
Amy Steelman

JMCS said...

I hope referrals come soon. Books are so much fun and that will be a wonderful thing to share with your daughter.

Hugs,
Jonni