Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Perseverance

I think I am going to post this on both of my blogs. I am involved in several adoption yahoo groups, including a few specifically with my agency. I get them sent in digests and a few with individual emails. Yesterday I think there over 75 emails sent to the groups and half of them were negative! I understand that these groups are for people to vent, express their fears and other feelings. These are such an encouragement to me and I am learning so much and meeting the neatest people!

I know this wait is long, and I know it could be longer. I am going to enjoy this wait and the time it takes God to prepare Michael and I to be the best parents to our daughter.

There may be a time when I do get down, but right now I am ready for the long wait !We are going to need prayer for family and friends and I hope that their enthusiasm for us continues.

On a happy note, our dossier has been in Colorado for 2 days now!

Im just venting, so I am sorry. There are a lot of us whose wait is just beginning. I pray we stay strong and encourage each other.

On another note, I found a neat website one someone elses blog that sells things for adopting parents..Check it out here!

and a question for your adoptive parents..On some of your blogs, things break down into smaller blogs like your quilt making, nursery, registries. Do you just make several posts or they different blogs and you just link them to your main blog?

7 comments:

Professor Howdy said...

Hello!
Very good posting.
Thank you - Have a good day!!!

4D said...

Focus on staying positive for yourself!

I have a quilt site and a house site. I created them under my login. Go to your Dashboard. At the top-ish right hand side there is Create a Blog. Shout if you need a hand.

Keep smilin!

C's Mom said...

Hi - I'm looking forward to following along on your journey.

Thanks for stopping by!

I have separate blogs that I link on the main one.

Briana's Mom said...

I am so glad that you are staying positive! Some days are tough - last week was tough for me. But, I am feeling much better this week. Enjoy every minute of this amazing journey!

redmaryjanes said...

Wonderful post! We are all in this together and need to keep each other going.

Polar Bear said...

There are good days and bad days in this wait. I try and stay positive, but sometimes it is so hard, especially when we were told at the beginning it was a 9-10 month wait. I am thankful that there is always someone around who is positive. It helps. :)

I have several different blogs linked to the main blog.

Lady of Musotopia said...

It seems like you both have immense strength and a deep faith in God :)
I wish you both well on your journey to find an adopted daughter. I am sure you will both make very loving parents :)