Thursday, July 31, 2008

recent thoughts

I have really enjoyed reading a lot of blogs lately. You guys have been so honest and that is awesome.

I have also spent some thinking about LynnMarie. I do pray for her and hope she gets hugs and cuddles. I wonder what will be going on in her head during Gotcha Day. I know if will be rough but I wonder what its like when everything that is comforting to you and everything you have known is taken away from you. I can not imagine and can not get these thoughts out of our head. I pray we will be able to comfort her and will be able to give her the love and the things she needs.

It's a very scary thought. Did any of you guys ever dwell on things like this?

I still have a lot of anxiety in the whole preparation for LynnMarie thing. We need to get Operation Christopher Clean up in action. In regards to her room, I have no idea where to even start. Truly. Now its funny, before we turned in our MCC, I knew exactly what I wanted. Now that our wait has probably decreased ( we still may have a year to go) I have no idea. Really. its still overwhelming. Goodness, it's still fun to dream!!!!

I shared our "story" with a new online friend this week. As a read it back, I remember thinking we don't have a story. I was wrong. Everyone has a story. Everyone is different. But as I told my new friend, I look back and smile. God's hand has been on our adoption so long ago. We saw seeds planted and God's plan growing all over the place. I can not believe He allowed us on this journey. I have said this before. Although we are still "waiting", adoption has changed our lives forever. I see things with my heart and not just my eyes anymore. Because of this simple thing, I will cherish these times forever!

6 comments:

Brian and Christy said...

I also dwell on the simple things. Deciding what to do in her room is a hard decision. My husband and I finish our daughters room recently. We picked out the things a while back. I loved it then-and still do, don't get me wrong. But there are many things that I come across that I wished I had chosen. This may be bad of me but I haven't really thought of the things like is she getting hugs or love of any sort. You have brought that to my attention and I'm sure that I will be thinking of that now. I'll try to post some pictures of the room. Talk to you soon. Christy

Unknown said...

Amy-
You are such a blessing to the IA community. Your positive attitude and kind spirit are a blessing to us all. LynnMarie is going to be one lucky girl..for now I know there are lots of angels watching over her until you all can bring her home.

Donna said...

Don't worry, once you see your little one's face-that room will be done in a heartbeat. LynnMarie is already a blessing to us all.

Briana's Mom said...

All of those thoughts went through my head too. And when we first got Briana, it was a little tough because she was grieving for her foster family. But she quickly bonded with us and everything is wonderful now.

I think once she is in your arms, you will just know what to do. It's just instinct!

mommy24treasures said...

the dreaming time was a special time for me too... ANd without a doubt adoption changed who I am and who my friends are... It changed our lives and we couldn't be happier:) (Unless I could have a couple more Treasures's maybe;))

Lennah and Delylah's mom said...

Everyone does have a story and one day LynnMarie will love to hear your story that brought you together.
Cathy