Thursday, May 31, 2007

Names, books, and First Friday

Anyone attending the First Friday meeting tomorrow is welcome to join us for dinner at Applebees on Barrett Parkway at 530!

Just when I think I have names I really like, I start to change my mind.

Our Yahoo April LID group is starting a book discussion. We are going to be doing the book Wanting a Daughter, Needing a son!. I read the first chaper today (all 40 pages) and its so interesting. I dont know what else to say but the author really did research and really describes what she saw in the orphanages when she visited.So far, I really recommend this book.

Its starting to get real that we have a lot to do before heading to China. its a bit overwhelming but such fun. I am really enjoying reading blogs of families that are so close to getting a referral. Apparently many of them will be seeing their babies faces for the first time in the next week or 2..How awesome is this!!!

I had a few readers ask about the garage sale. If you want to join us, we would love to have you. June 23rd at 8am. Hoping we have a good turn out!!!!!

4 comments:

4D said...

That is a good book but very analytical. "Lost Daughters of China" is amazing!

Keep smilin!

Sara said...

I popped over to your blog after reading your comments on my blog. :-) Thanks for stopping by!

I love your idea of buying a book each LID anniversary date and might have to "borrow" the idea ;-)

My brother gave me "Wanting a daughter needing a son" for Christmas, I read it in just a few days. At times, it was very analytical as mentioned in the above comment, but still very informative and a good read. You should definitely read "Lost Daughter of China" it is sooooooo good!

Roy and Lori said...

Just stopped by to say hi!
Have a great weekend!

Kim R. said...

Hi Amy!
Found your blog when you left a few comments on mine. Thanks for reading. Nice to know it's not just my hubby that reads it!
I LOVE the idea of Monday Merci's. What a positive way to start the working week.
For books, I highly recommend "Attaching in Adoption" by Deborah Gray. It's a scary thought that our kids might have some psychological issues, but very reassuring to know that we can help and know what signs to look for. Book is very readable w/case studies & examples.
Have a great weekend!

Kim R at
Caesarandlouie .blogspot. com