Sunday, May 13, 2007

this weekend andand a prayer opportunity

Hey guys! This weekend was great. Drove to Fl to surprise the parents and had a nice bit of rest. Saturday morning, mom and I went to some garage sales and found the cutest Asian doll. I will post a pic when we get home. My parents and Michael's mom were able to watch the Lost Daughters of China video. I was the first one crying both times..Try watching it with no sound! Amazing! it has been months since we watched it and it was awesome.

We talked about names, but nothing definite. Fridays mail brought our next wish for our quilt and I will update that blog this week!!

My yahoo group has decided to pray every Sunday for those involved in the adoption process and our wait. I want to do more.
Starting today, Monday, I want to start a group that will lift China adoptions in prayer. The birth moms, the babies, the foster moms, the workers in the orphanages, the agencies we are working with, the people who organize our travel and the CCAA. Pray for Gods will to be done and for the wait to shorten. God can do all things. His hand has been on this process the whole time and I know that if the wait stays this long, He is really preparing us to be parents to the perfect child!..
We know that God listens and wants to hear from us.The greatest gift we can give our babies right now is a prayer!!!

Please leave a message if you would like to be a part of this. If you would like a reminder (email) on Monday mornings, please email me at amyschristopher@comcast.net

8 comments:

HomeSchool Mommy said...

I didn't realize there was a Lost Daughters video. I've read the book.

I pray for China adoptions daily, so I will commit to joining your group in prayer, as well.

Briana's Mom said...

Glad you had a good weekend. I cry every time at that DVD! Impossible not to!

Dawn and Dale said...

This is my first time visiting your blogsite I think...but I LOVED this first post I read!!!

I'd LOVE to join this prayer group!!

Please add me to your list!

Blessings,

Dawn

Roy and Lori said...

Glad your visit with your mom was
special for you!!

Take care!

redmaryjanes said...

I would love to join your prayer group, and please e-mail me on Mondays. timnkim@gmail.com

Tammy said...

I would love to! I already pray each morning for these things as we are right alongside you in this journey to our daughter in China. Keep the prayers going up and may we all be overwhelmed at all that God does in each of our lives, as well as, in the events that unfold in the adoptions in China.

Unknown said...

I'd love to be added to the prayer list. Great idea.

Karen said...

You are in my prayers already, but I would love to be added to the group!