Saturday, May 26, 2007

Stuff

Well, we are past our one month date and have lots more going on! We have a new header for the blog coming out soon, and I am excited to see what BlueBird Blogs comes up with.

We are going to have a HUGE fundraiser/garage sale Saturday June 23rd. It will be nice to make some money towards the adoption, but we also really need to get into organizing the house. If you live in Atlanta and would like to join us, let me know. It would be cool to have a multi family garage sale. If you cant participate, we hope you will stop by and say hello! More details on that will follow.

What else? As you can see, my links to other blogs has grown and I love it!!! I'm enjoying reading early posts from a lot of my new blogging friends!!!!!

I was able to spend some time at work talking to a mom of 2 China adopted girs. One she adopted 10 years ago, and the other she adopted last year at the age of 10 years. She is a special needs child with a benign brain tumor. I was able to watch some Chinese cartoons and hear the honest truth about the toilets in China, HA! It was nice to see them again.

Also, someone gave me the idea for counting down (or up) our dates until our referral by finding large Chinese numbers , attaching them to decorative papers and hang them on our wall. Does anyone have any suggestions on any of this material????

Also, names for our Monday prayer group that were suggested are Monday Mercies and Monday Meditations.

7 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

I can't wait to see your new header and it sounds like you are doing some great things to prepare for your new baby and pass the time.
I love the Monday prayer group.

kitchu said...

If I lived in Atlanta, I'd join you! I need Clean Sweep to come in and help me purge and organize!
Hope it goes well.

Ronnie and Becky said...

Hi Amy,
Looking forward to following along with you on your journey to your little one.

Becky
China Hope

Alyson and Ford said...

Ditto Kris - I need Mission Organization and Clean Sweep. Please someone come help me get organized (first the cleaing out and garage sale). Simplify, simplify. I want to but where to start?

Good luck with the garage sale.

Alyson

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Getting organized is a great way to keep busy during the wait we did aa whole lot of that and redecoration!

Roy and Lori said...

Good luck with your garage
sale! I hope it is very
successful for you!!

Roy and Lori said...

Good luck with your garage
sale! I hope it is very
successful for you!!