Saturday, June 23, 2007

Two Months, a New Book!

Today was the two month anniversary of our LID, and it was pretty much an adoption-themed day.



We had our yard sale today, actually part of a neighborhood yard sale that Amy organized with one other lady in the subdivision.



We did okay, making about $275 for the adoption fund. A lot of that came from the $90 sale of CDs I decided that since I had never listened to them in 3 years or more I ought to sell them. I wanted to make more, but the only offers I got were from people wanting to buy the whole lot with minimal pricing.



We had a mid-morning visit from our friends the Hoffmans. They are also on the waiting list and they enjoyed meeting Lucy, and I gave Tymm a book I liked and thought he would enjoy, Ted Dekker's Blink.



After cleaning up and resting a bit, we went to dinner at Stevie B's Pizza (knockoff of CiCi's) where we both ate the pizza and salad buffet for $9.19 (with our coupon) including drinks and tax.



After dinner we drove across the parking lot to our Barnes & Noble and Amy picked our third book for Lynn Marie....







13 comments:

We are CJ, Donna, Caleb & Travis said...

2 months down- Congrats! Are you sure you guys don't have a completed MCC on file yet?!

We are CJ, Donna, Caleb & Travis said...

I was unable to respond you will have to email me directly at cjstraight@bellsouth.net

kris said...

Congrats on 2 months down!!

kelly said...

Way to go.. Sounds like you guys did well, and 2 months down, congrats..

Kim said...

Congrats on your 2 month LID-versary!!! That's 2 months you will never have to repeat!! And, it brings you closer to your little...maybe just a little closer but closer!!

Cheers,
Kim Y
LID 3/29/07 for Megan Jean
http://lbkreations.blogspot.com

C.J. said...

Congrats on 2 behind. I love the book idea :0)

Shandra said...

Glad the sale was sucessful.

Cute book.

redmaryjanes said...

Congratulations on your 2 month LIDiversary!! Feels great doesn't it??

Janet said...

Hooray! Two months down! Glad your garage sale went okay!

Dolores and Shawn said...

Happy two months down!

Andrea said...

Congratulations on your 2 month LIDversary!! Sounds like you had a fun day!!

Jenny McB said...

yea on the sale! A site you might want to check out to figure out how to sell stuff on ebay is Yardsalequeen.com. I went there for help for my yardsale last year and it is amazing what they sell on line. Maybe that might be a way for you make some money for your adoption fund.

Wendy said...

I'm glad it went well! And congrats on being 2 months in! I PRAY that the wait will start to speed up.