Thursday, July 27, 2006

questions

The strange questions have started. "why are you adopting"? Why China and not another country? Why would you spend that much money on a family?

Mind you, most of these people are just curious but it sometimes I think people are being ugly. I am not worried though.I do believe that our child will be loved and cherished by all of our family and friends..its actually exciting to think about it.

The formal application should be going out sometime next week and then we wait for the next step. We are working on getting the house ready for our homestudy, but with both of us working a lot of overtime, the process is slow. I can report the bookshelf is no longer in the kitchen which is pretty exciting.

No, we havent talked about names. i dont know why.Perhaps its the fact that we have a long wait ahead of us.
Michael has told me that Lucy will have to go to training school before we bring any child into the home. We got Lucy the bassett hound due to the laid back, lazy personalities they are know to have. Lucy seems to have a defect. Im just kidding. It is funny to watch her do laps in the back yard..


Until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy! Thanks for stopping by our xanga site! How exciting for you to be in the beginning stages - we just started in March and I can remember feeling exactly the way you do. But be encouraged - you CAN do this. It's a lot of work, but not hard. Just time consuming. I had the same experience of hearing nothing but incredibly positive things about CCAI - I feel very confident that they are going to give us the highest quality of service and I love that. Did you meet Joshua and Lily? We were so impressed with their tenderness and compassion. If you have any questions or if I can help you in any way I'd love to - just let me know! I'm excited to keep up with your process, too.
Keek